Asian Beauty Brands: Innisfree

True life: I do not have flawless skin. I never have and likely never will. And I'm learning to be okay with that! But, living in Beijing, I have become completely sucked into new Asian beauty and skincare brands. So far, I've started off my tour of brands and products with innisfree. 

Innisfree is touted as Korea's no.1 natural brand. They opened their first store in Korea in 2000 and have since expanded across Asia into China, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, and Hong Kong. I learned about this brand by literally stumbling into their store at the Indigo mall dangerously located steps away from my apartment. Immediately, I was drawn to their packaging and message of sustainability. They recycle all their product containers - in fact, you can bring in your empty containers to the store. Additionally, they use biodegradable packaging and print with soy ink! All things I love.

Given that I do not have flawless skin, I gravitated towards their 8 Solutions - Bija Trouble Care line. I purchased the foaming cleanser, promising clearer pores. I also picked up their bestseller Jeju Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask. Can you pick up on a theme here?

In addition to their skincare, I also dipped my toes into their makeup, purchasing a liquid compact foundation and pink honey lip tint.

So far, I love it all. My skin has held it's own using the face wash, although I have not seen remarkable changes. However, I have only been using it for about a week so it may be too soon to judge. I used the pore mask once and felt instantly refreshed, but also need to use it more consistently before I can give a definitive ruling. The foundation provides great coverage without making me breakout (so far at least) and I'm OBSESSED with the lip tint. I want it on my lips. ALL. THE. TIME.

And, to make innisfree even better, all of their products are so reasonably priced! No need to break the bank to gather a nice collection of beauty products.




Comments

Popular Posts