New York Fashion Week

GUYS. NYFW is in full swing and it has me feeling some kind of way. Way back in 2007 (lol), I remember visiting Barneys in New York and practically passing out at the rows of handbags, racks of clothing, and various makeup counters as far as the eye could see. Everyone walking around, minus the obvious tourists like myself, radiated wealth, sophistication, and elegance (to me, at least). I wanted to melt into their world that I could only assume was filled with Ladurée macarons, jetsetting, and activities that avoided any mixing with hoi polloi.

While I've come to realize the Barneys-goers' have just as many issues as common folk, I still think of them fondly and quietly aspire to reach that level of affluence. Often, I find my mind wandering to my Pinterest "Wish List" board, brimming with opulent designer goods I can only hope to one day meticulously line up in my well-lit walk-in closet. Maybe I'll purchase some from Barneys as I'm dressed to the nines in a classy, yet casual combination of a Valentino blouse, Paige jeans and Gucci loafers. Or a Chloe dress with over the knee Stuart Weitzman boots.

As a clear lover of brands and the lifestyle that accompanies them, I naturally spend all of NYFW glued to blogs and websites that showcase both the collections and the equally important street style. This year, with the help of Vogue Runway on Instagram, Man Repeller both online and on Instagram, and individual blogger's accounts on social media, I have appropriately drooled over Calvin Klein, golf-clapped over Tory Burch, and mused at Moschino.

But what's most exciting about viewing NYFW from the sidelines is the all-encompassing access to designers. When the Internet is your invitation, you have front row seats to all the shows. Every year, I stumble across new (to me) designers that capture my vibe or a produce a look I want to emulate. This year is no exception. Although the week is not over yet, I've already fallen hook line and sinker for two very different, yet equally inspired brands: Ulla Johnson and Adam Selman.

Ulla Johnson gently whispers while Adam Selman boldly proclaims. Both have completely captured my heart and wallet. If you have a moment, and are the least bit interested, check out their websites and runway footage. Or better yet, invest some time exploring all the different looks coming from both the catwalks and the sidewalks. I promise, you won't be disappointed.

Comments

Popular Posts